Main campus: 1685 Hwy 64
Whiteville, TN 38075
Extension campus: 401Morgan Street
Brownsville, TN 38012
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Whiteville is authorized by PUBLIC ACTS CHAPTER #181. The Tennessee Department of Vocational education governed the institution until 1983 when control was transferred to the Tennessee Board of Regents by House Bill 697 and Senate Bill 746.
TCAT Whiteville opened April 5, 1976, for full-time preparatory classes in Drafting, Office Occupations, Refrigeration, Auto Mechanics, and General Building Trades. By November 1977, Practical Nursing, Welding, and Food Service programs were added.
Various short-term evening classes in most program areas have been conducted at times since 1979.
Control of the institution is vested in the Tennessee Board of Regents. Jackson State Community College as “host institution” serves as fiscal agent for this institution and others in the area.
On September 5, 2006, the Brownsville-Haywood County Extension Campus opened for full-time preparatory classes in Machine Tool Technology and Practical Nursing. In 2013 a full-time Health Information Technology Program was added.